Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I know this isn't the best before and after picture, but at least you get the idea. Maybe the story behind it wil help you appreciate the project a little more. The brick that you see has been set 3 times, yes 3! First I did it, then I pulled it up because I didn't like the way that it looked so I ask my husband to help me redo it. THEN... we found that our sewer sytem was shot ( a story for another day) and the patio was sitting on the old septic tank that needed to be emptied, (i'll pause so you can read that again), crushed, and then topped off with sand. We always wondered why the grass grew so well in this area.

I plan to enter this project into the BHGs makeover contest this year. I think I have a pretty good chance.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I love your patio, and you should win the contest. Your furniture is beautiful...love the black wicker. You have the gift.

katie said...

I think you need to pull up the brick one more time..... Looks like you're having fun in your yard and it looks great! BTW, I put the lambs ears into the ground... hopefully, I'll be able to have something soon :)