Tuesday, July 1, 2008

When I smile

A few Sundays ago we were sitting in mass. It was just the girls and I as Rob was working and it was one of those days where it was hard to get out the door. I know, I know, we only live down the street from church, but you know how it goes when you live so close to something; you are either early or late. Anyways, we had a visiting priest and the start of his sermon seemed pretty interesting so I decided to put all my (what seemed to) troubles for the day aside and pay attention. Well, what seemed to be the start of a sermon turned out to be a joke and I found myself laughing right along with everyone else. At that moment I realized that Amelia was looking up at me and smiling. I looked back and said "what?" and she said "I like when you smile, it makes me happy."

At that moment I realized that I don't smile enough in front of my girls OR my husband.

No comments: