Friday, August 1, 2008

New favorite


I have a new favorite magazine.

It's not your typical magazine, it's more like fun, colorful newspaper. My old favorite is BHG and I still enjoy it, but that's when I have the time to sit and read for a while. This one is good for when I don't.
Last weekend we drove to the beach in Lexington and I decided to take it with me. It was perfect for the ride. Inside were short articles, events going on in the area, charming shops to visit, and features of local business women who have "made it". I like the articles most of all. The women who write them seem very similar to me. My age, my interests, my struggles, my hopes and even my dreams. I gave a copy to my sister-in-law because I picture the things that she write on her blog in there. (hint, hint) Anyways, if you get a chance, pick one up. I get them at Panera Bread but I've heard they're all over. You can also go to their website at http://www.strutmag.com/. If you happen to pick up the latest copy (Aug08) be sure to read "How old is the voice in your head?". For me, the "voices" were all relative.


1 comment:

Jennie said...

I cannot wait to read the articles, especially the one you recommended.